Software Developer for Localization and State-Estimation
Germany, Berlin, Berlin
Are you interested in being part of a team of experts launching a scalable autonomous vehicle in Germany?
If yes, we’d love to hear from you!
The type of challenges we currently offer
We are looking for you as an SOFTWARE DEVELOPER FOR LOCALIZATION AND STATE-ESTIMATION
What You’ll Do
- Assist in developing probabilistic localization solutions by fusing the data from different sensors and predicting an
accurate state estimation of our self-driving car
- Developing a redundant system for scenarios in which varying sensors have a degrading performance
in-depth research in academia and provide additional solutions - being
able to challenge and adapt our current solutions is a big plus!
- Code and test your solutions on public and in-house datasets
- Developing error metrics to evaluate the final accuracy of your solution in a real-world environment
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE
We are Motor Ai, located in Berlin developing an autonomous driving system based on cognitive neuroscience and groundbreaking German research. Motor Ai is Germany's only start-up on the road to Level 5 autonomous driving. This summer in 2021 Germany became the first country in the world to pass a law allowing Level 4 autonomy nationally (car is almost fully autonomous, safety driver can be remote). The German law will become the blueprint for future EU legislation.
Our ambition is to be the first to roll out an autonomous driving product. Join us in making this a reality, in shaping and guiding the future of driving!
We offer an innovative, creative, and intellectually stimulating work
environment and the chance to take full ownership of your code,
following it from back-of-the-napkin idea to real world product.
A) What you have as a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER FOR LOCALIZATION AND STATE-ESTIMATION
- Previous experience in developing localization solutions for mobile robots (preferably for ADAS and self-driving cars)
- A comprehensive understanding of computer vision
- Good knowledge of sensor fusion and accompanying sensor transformations
- Good understanding of some of the probabilistic models like Kalman filter, particle filter, and pose graph optimization
- Excellent coding skills in Python (founded experience with C++ a plus)
- Experience in collaborating with other teams and designing stack upon requirements
- Good English proficiency
B) Nice to have
- Experience with deep learning
- Knowledge of HD-maps data structure
- Previous hands-on experience of ROS2 as a middle-ware
- Knowledge of sensor-fusion algorithms of cameras and LiDARs.